Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
The painting and drawing minor is designed for students interested in broadening their skills in the production of painterly and hand-drawn works of art. Undergraduates are introduced to a variety of techniques and ideas, exposed to several historical and contemporary art practices, and experience studio practice and participate in art dialogue. This minor allows students to complement their major area of study with applied visual problem-solving strategies and techniques, as well as with an ability to enhance their interests through studio art practice and discourse.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following Painting and Drawing Minor courses:|
|FINE 1100||Drawing I||3|
|FINE 2200||Painting I||3|
|FINE 3200||Intermediate Painting and Drawing||3|
|FINE 3556||Concepts in Painting and Drawing||3|
|Take two of the following Painting and Drawing Minor courses:||6|
|The Media of Drawing|
or FINE 3995
|Painting, Drawing and the Printed Image|
|Concepts in Painting and Drawing 1|
Course concept must be different than previously taken. The FINE 3556 Concepts in Painting and Drawing course encompasses rotating course topics and can be taken up to four times, with a different topic. These topics are as follows: Concepts in Painting and Drawing-Abstraction, Narrative and Pop Culture, and Figuration.
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.