Application to Graduate
A student planning to graduate must submit and application for graduation to the Registrar's Office according to the schedules below. The application for graduation is available through the student's portal. Please visit our graduation application guide for assistance.
December 2021 Candidates: Graduation application due Tuesday, September 7th, 2021
May 2022 Candidates: Graduation application due Monday, February 3, 2022
August 2022 Candidates: Graduation application due Monday, June 6, 2022
December 2022 Candidates: Graduation application due Monday, September 5, 2022
Conferral Dates for Graduation:
Fall 2021: December 17, 2021
Spring 2022: May 27, 2022
Summer 2022: August 12, 2022
Please note that the Conferral Date (official date of completion) may not be the same as the Commencement Ceremony.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION:
Meet With Your Advisor
Make an appointment with your assigned advisor in your school or college's Advising Center to verify graduation requirements and to make sure you'll meet them by the end of the semester.
- College of Nursing
- Colorado School of Public Health
- The Graduate School
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Medicine
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Apply for Graduation
Once you have verified that you're on track to graduate, use your UCDAccess student portal to apply for graduation:
- Once logged in, go to your Student Center tile
- Select My Academics under Academics
- Click Apply for Graduation
Please note: Your Intent to Graduate Form needs to be submitted between the first day of school and the last day to drop/add classes of the term you intend to graduate.
Want to Walk at Graduation?
If you plan to participate in commencement ceremonies, you will need to register for this separately on the Commencement website.
Important Notes Regarding Diplomas and Graduation
- Watch for information concerning transcripts, diplomas, Commencement, etc., via email through your CU Anschutz account following the acceptance of your graduation application.
- Diplomas for degrees conferred at Anschutz Medical Campus are automatically mailed out to the diploma address in the student's record.
- Special arrangements to mail diplomas may be made by emailing Registrar@CUAnschutz.edu. Postage fees will vary, depending on delivery destination.
Diplomas will be awarded to approved candidates for degrees at the annual commencement ceremonies for students at the Anschutz Medical Campus or after official degree awarding dates as approved by the Board of Regents.
There is a $15 fee for mailing diplomas within the U.S., and a $42 fee for mailing to Canadian addresses. The mailing fees for other international addresses are determined according to the country to which the diploma will be mailed.
Diplomas that have been lost, stolen, or damaged may be replaced by sending a signed, written request to the Office of the Registrar stating the reason for replacement. There is a $40 replacement fee for Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.S., and B.S. diplomas. The replacement fee for D.D.S., D.N.P., D.P.T, M.D., and Pharm D diplomas is $70.
Payment must be made by check or money order, made payable to the University of Colorado. (Credit cards are not currently accepted.)