Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
Students in the photography minor develop a broad range of technical and conceptual skills that expand their knowledge of image-making. The curriculum of the minor emphasizes photography as a tool for creative expression while integrating the history of photography and contemporary artistic practices. Through an exploration of both digital and analog processes, students select intermediate level courses that enable them to successfully employ a variety of photographic strategies.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Students who wish to declare this minor should contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Required Courses (Entry Level)|
|Take all of the following Photography Minor courses (entry level):|
|FINE 1150||Introduction to Darkroom Photography||3|
|FINE 2155||Introduction to Digital Photography||3|
|FINE 3630||History of Photography||3|
|Take three of the following Photography Minor courses:||9|
|Historic Photographic Processes in Italy|
|Photography Studio and Lighting|
|Color and the Constructed Image|
|The Silver Fine Print|
|The Digital Fine Print|
|Concepts and Processes in Photography|
|Photography and Community|
|Architecture Photography (available only to architecture majors)|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.