Please click here to see School of Education and Human Development information.
The Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (CLDE) Minor is designed to provide students with an understanding of culturally and linguistically diverse students, families and communities, particularly in their relationship to public institutions. This minor is a powerful addition to majors in sociology, psychology, ethnic studies, gender studies, public health, communication, the humanities, and anyone in the field of education, as it provides professionals with a strong understanding of how to serve culturally and linguistically diverse students in school and community environments.
- This is an on-campus program with a variety of delivery options for many of our courses including hybrid, evening, and online courses.
Declaring This Minor
- If you are currently a CU Denver student please contact the Undergraduate Advisor in the School of Education & Human Development for specific meeting times to discuss the process.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- To complete a minor in CLDE, a students must complete 15 credit hours of CLDE and other related courses with a minimum grade of C (2.0).
- Of those CLDE courses, at least 9 credits must be completed at the University of Colorado Denver.
- Transfer courses must be approved by faculty and/or advisor to apply to the minor.
Students will be able to create an emphasis that best suits their professional goals and needs. All CLDE minors must take a minimum of 3 CLDE courses from the list below. Students must select 2 additional courses either in CLDE or from other approved programs as listed below.
|Select a minimum of three of the following:||9|
|Language, Identity, & Power: International Perspectives|
|Spanish for Educators|
|Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Teaching through STEM|
|Independent Study in CLDE|
|Responsive Classroom Communities|
|Social Studies for Multilingual Learners|
|Select two Approved Courses from outside CLDE of the following:||6|
|Dual Language Learners Learning and Development|
|Food Justice in City & Schools|
|Social Foundations and Cultural Diversity in Urban Education|
|Families in Global Perspectives|
|Latino Families in School and Communities|
|First Year Seminar (Immigration: The Struggle for Social Justice)|
|Intersections of Literacy, Culture, & Exceptionality|
|Spanish Classroom Methods and Practice|
|Spanish in Colorado|
|Spanish in the United States|
Please contact the advisor for the complete course list.