2024-2025 Academic Catalog

Print Options

Regular Degree Students

Students are admitted by the Graduate Program as regular degree students provided they meet the following criteria:

  • Hold a baccalaureate or master’s degree from an accredited college or university or demonstrate completion of work equivalent to the baccalaureate or master’s degree given at CU Denver. Applicants whose credentials include studies or coursework at a College or University outside the USA (not taken as part of a semester abroad program) must include original transcripts and documentation in English (or certified English translation) of the transcript as evaluated by the CU Denver Office of International Affairs.
  • Have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or better (“A” is equal to 4.0) or a 3.00 or better GPA in twelve (12) credit hours or more of a partially completed graduate level Master’s degree program. Applications from individuals who attended a College or University that does not issue grades or a GPA will be evaluated by the Graduate Program on a case-by-case basis.
  • Have adequate preparation to enter graduate study in the chosen program as demonstrated by their performance in the GRE or an appropriate substitute (i.e., MCAT, an earned MS/MA or PhD from a school in the United States, or completion of at least 12 credit hours of transferable graduate-level course work from an accredited US college or university). It is not a requirement for admission as a regular degree student if one of the other two indicators of preparedness is present. Some graduate programs, however, may require that all applicants take the GRE or an equivalent.
  • Meet any additional requirements (such as particular undergraduate course work) for admission as established by the program.

International students must meet all of these requirements and also must provide:

  • Original transcripts and documentation in English (or a certified English translation) of the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or the equivalent as evaluated by the CU Denver Office of International Affairs;
  • Financial and other documents as required by the International Student and Scholar Services Office to process immigration documents;
  • A certified English translation of all academic records and references not in English, and
  • Evidence of proficiency in English (ELP). More information can be found here.

Additional requirements and documentation may also be required.