Location: 7th Floor Lawrence Street Center, 1380 Lawrence Street Ste 701
Phone Number: 303-315-6300
Appointments: ucdenver.campus.eab.com or call 303-315-6308
Academic Services provides support for all SEHD students and is a one-stop location that connects students with support for everything from advising, registration, and graduation to academic and socioemotional support. In addition, Academic Services serves as the approval for add/drops, admission to candidacy, degree conferral, CDE licensure and other processes.
Undergraduate Students (new freshmen, new transfer students, continuing students)
Staff academic advisors work with students to create customized four-year degree plans that best meet the aspirations, career goals and timelines of each student. SEHD advisors go above and beyond assisting students with course selections, they also help students:
- Navigate CU Denver systems;
- Track each students’ progress in meeting degree, major and licensure requirements;
- Explain university and college policies and processes;
- Connect students to the SEHD Student Success Center and other campus resources; and
- Facilitate advising and registration sessions during New Student Orientation (for first-year students) and Transfer Student Orientation (for transfer students).
Supporting Student Success
The SEHD Student Success Model provides a wrap-around system of support that builds on students cultural and community assets in an inclusive, culturally sustaining approach. Professional academic advisors, faculty, the SEHD Success Center, and SEHD student engagement programming work together in this wrap-around system to ensure the personal, educational, and professional growth of all students. Students also benefit from Peer Mentoring programs, Learning Communities, and other high impact practices that are key to successful and impactful college experiences.