Information Systems Minor
Please click here to see Business School information.
The Information Systems Minor provides students with an understanding of the technologies are utilized by organizations to drive business decisions and gain a competitive advantage. In depth coverage of spreadsheet tools, business intelligence systems and database systems provides students with the skills necessary to solve problems in a variety of contexts.
Students wishing to complete the Information Systems minor need to complete the course work described under the Degree Requirements tab.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- As a CU Denver undergraduate student, you need a 2.0 GPA to be accepted for an Information Systems minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must maintain or exceed a 2.0 GPA to graduate with the minor.
- A student must take 12 of the 15 hours of required business courses in the minor while in residence at the University of Colorado Denver. If a student has already taken the equivalent of one or more of these courses at another university, other higher-level business courses may be substituted with the approval of the Business School.
- Students must have declared the Information Systems minor to register for any of the upper-division Business School courses or petition separately to take each of these courses.
|ISMG 2050||Business Problem Solving Tools||3|
|ISMG 3000||Technology In Business||3|
|ISMG 3500||Business Data and Database Management||3|
|Select two of the following 1||6|
|Designing for the Web|
|Data Government and Ethics|
|Social Media in Business|
|System Strategy, Architecture and Design|
|Information Systems Security and Privacy|
|Business Intelligence and Financial Modeling|
|Customer Relationship Management|
|Accounting and Information Systems Processes and Controls|
|Project Management and Practice|
Can be from the list above or any other upper-division ISMG course.