2024-2025 Academic Catalog

Print Options

Non-Degree Admissions

Summer Study at CU Denver

Do you have an I-20 at another US institution, want to take courses during summer break, and bring your credits back to your home institution? If so, non-degree admission is right for you.

Other Non-Degree Study

Do you need an I-20 from University of Colorado Denver or do you want to explore CU Denver before applying to a degree program? Would you like to complete a course for professional development or transfer credits to another institution? If so, non-degree admission is right for you.

If you want to take specific courses requiring pre-requisites, we recommend that you contact the Registrar’s office at registrar@ucdenver.edu before you apply.

*Note that if you already have a bachelor’s degree, you will need to complete the graduate non-degree application. As a graduate non-degree student, you still will have the option to enroll in undergraduate course work.

Certificate/Continuing Professional Programs

Professionals who want to advance their careers or learn a new skill can earn a certificate from CU Denver. Our certificate programs provide specialized information delivered by knowledgeable professors. Additionally, our continuing education classes help you stay current with developments in your field.

*If you want to enroll in courses identified as Continuing and Professional Education, do not apply for non-degree admission. See your program for application information.

Undergraduate Non-Degree Admissions

How to Apply

UndergradUATE Non-Degree Admission Requirements for International Students

*If you are currently attending another US institution or have attended another US institution for at least 1 semester or more, your transcript will act as proof of English language proficiency (ELP). However, you must provide your official US transcript at the time of application.    

After Admission

  • Immigration Document Creation Request (IDCR) form is required for all non-degree international applicants
  • Non-degree coursework requires additional processing steps for the I-20. International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will help with those requirements.